Community Rules and Guidelines
Thank you for being part of the PHAP community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation. By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines.
The community is moderated to ensure a professional and constructive tone. This means that posts may not immediately become visible after you post them. The Community Manager may contact you for clarification or to propose edits if needed.
- Help others to help you with your work. Ensuring the following will greatly increase the chance of other members providing you with useful responses based on their experience and expertise as humanitarian practitioners.
- Make questions as concrete and specific as possible. Avoid general policy questions, and instead post questions that invite a targeted response.
- Relate the post to specific questions, decisions, issues, or challenges that you actually face in your own professional (or personal) life.
- Provide the context and background to help people understand why you are asking your question and how you will use the responses.
- Feel free to make the scope of your question as narrow as you wish. As long as it follows these guidelines, there is no question too small in scope.
- Add the appropriate topic tags to your post. This will help ensure that it is delivered to the community participants interested in it.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your post in the subject line.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Private Reply to Sender" link. You can also use the “Recommend” and “Select best response” features to indicate support for a post.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list.” Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. For any support requests, please contact Markus Forsberg at email@example.com
- Respect others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate exchange, not create contention.
- Do not use private messages for any kind of solicitation (including asking for funding, job opportunities, participation in surveys, etc.)
- Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you. All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, PHAP reserves the right to move, edit, or remove any inappropriately posted message. For serious or repeat violations, PHAP reserves the right to suspend or terminate access to this community.
This site is provided as a service for the members of the International Association of Professionals in Humanitarian Assistance and Protection (PHAP). PHAP is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by PHAP or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall PHAP be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants PHAP and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
PHAP does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of PHAP we will take all appropriate action.
PHAP reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
We respect your privacy
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
How is personal information shared
Our service providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and legal disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember the risks whenever you use the Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.